QUIZLET CONTEST - OFFICIAL RULES
Sponsored by Quizlet, Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Contest begins on September 6, 2016 and ends on September 20 (“Contest Period”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States, thirteen (13)] years of age or older as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account, and Internet access as of the beginning of the Contest Period. Employees of Sponsor and Sponsor’s parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Contest Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to enter in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules (“Official Rules”).
2. To Enter: Entrant may enter the Contest as described below.
To enter for a chance to win the prize, you must post a tweet on Twitter with the hashtag #QuizletLive. Tweets must include both the hashtag #QuizletLive and a photo of a class, students or the game. Each tweet for the Contest is referred to as the “Submission” and each Submission must be tagged with “#QuizletLive”. No mechanically reproduced Submissions are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such Submission by such methods. Limit of one tweet per day per person.
3. Prize Winner Selection:
The prize winner selection process will occur as follows:
At the end of the contest on September 20, 2016, one grand prize winner, 2 first prize winners and 5 second prize winners will be selected randomly from all submissions. Winners will be notified by tweet and must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize.
4. Rights to the Submission:
Entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable right and license, with a right to sublicense through multiple tiers, to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, sell and offer for sale, distribute copies of, perform and display publicly, and otherwise exploit Entrant’s Submission, in any manner in which Sponsor sees fit, in any and all media, now existing or hereafter developed.
Entrant’s represents, warrants and covenants that Entrant’s Submission (i) is original and of entrant's own creation, (ii) has not been entered in any other competition or contest, including other competitions or contests conducted by Sponsor, (iii) does not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties, or third party rights of publicity or rights of privacy, and (iv) is not offensive or defamatory and does not contain vulgar or profane language, as determined by the judges and the Sponsor.
Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against Sponsor, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of entrant’s rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or “droit moral.”
5. Prizes and Odds: Grand prize winner will receive a donation to the Donor’s Choose project of his or her choosing valued at $500. Two first prize winners will each receive a donation to the Donor’s Choose project of his or her choosing, valued at $250. Five second prize winners will each receive a Quizlet swag pack with a Quizlet T-Shirt and stickers, with a value of approximately $20.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Submissions received. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. Allow six (6) weeks for delivery of the prize.
6. Notification of Prize Winner: Winners will be contacted directly via social media asking for email so that the Sponsor can notify the prize winner by e-mail within one (1) business day of selection, and the prize winner may be asked to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or, where applicable, an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner can be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Submission will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
7. Disclaimers; Indemnity; Limitation of Liability: The Contest is offered by Sponsor, 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA which is not responsible for (a) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable Submissions, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (b) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of Submission materials; or (c) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, (“Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, and proceedings of any kind threatened, asserted or filed against Sponsor and/or any Indemnified Party by any third party (collectively "Claims"), and any damages, losses, expenses, liabilities or costs of any kind, (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, witness fees and court costs) incurred in connection with such Claims, that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) arising out of or relating to any breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation or covenant made by Entrant herein, (ii) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and (ii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor will provide Entrant reasonably prompt written notice of any such Claims and provide Entrant with reasonable information and assistance, at Entrant’s expense, to help Entrant to defend such Claims. Entrant will not have any right, without Sponsor’s written consent, to settle any such claim if such settlement contains a stipulation to or admission or acknowledgment of, any liability or wrongdoing (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) on the part of the Sponsor or otherwise requires Sponsor to take or refrain from taking any material action (such as the payment of fees).
In no event will Sponsor be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Contest, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsor HAs been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. SPONSOR’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO ANY ENTRANT UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST WILL NOT EXCEED THE VALUE OF the PRIZE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, the Contest web page at quizlet.com/blog and Sponsor’s website at quizlet.com or any of Quizlet’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn without additional compensation.
10. General: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its discretion. The Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest, entrant acknowledges that entrant has read these Official Rules and agrees to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern District of California or the state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
11. Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Quizlet Contest, 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94107 or (for Winner’s list only) send an email message to email@example.com with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and contest name specified in the body of the e-mail as well as details of your request.
12. Quizlet’s Address: 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94107